DEEP CRYO-GENIC EXTRACTION
Unlike butane and propane, ethanol is an FDA-approved Class 3 solvent, which makes it safe for consumption, let alone exposure. It’s also not explosive at room temperature, so there’s no requirement for a C1D1 room or other regulatory limits on-site placement and use. But at BenMar we get our ethanol down to -80℃, making the solvent much more stable and effective.
Our equipment combined with our methods and customized SOP’s produce a superior-grade extract for any product you can imagine—shatter, edibles, live resin, distillate or full reduction for vape pens and more—with a consistently high yield. Because of the deep cryogenic methods, we use, the extract is winterized, de-waxed and free of chlorophyll, making us as efficient and effective as a butane or propane extractor—but much safer, while saving valuable time.
Butane is dangerous, requires extensive post-processing and can literally explode, while CO2 is slow, complex and hugely expensive to scale. The future demands extraction that’s not only safer but offers far higher quality and flexibility. That’s what our breakthrough technology delivers.
Extraction can only go so far in purifying of cannabinoids such as CBD. So, a different technique is needed for increasing purity. A thermal separation technique works well at this point because cannabinoids have a different boiling point range than other materials in the extraction.
Purity and quality are the keys in today’s marketplace often, extracted material prior to distillation is in a range of 55-70% cannabinoid, with regards to purity Depending on several factors including initial plant quality, harvesting, extraction, plus product goals, distillation rates, yield and purity can vary, but it is typical for BenMar to distill and increase this range up to a cannabinoid purity of 85-90+%. In addition to increased percentage purity, the product is significantly lighter yellow in color, with high clarity.
It is typical to make 2 passes with most materials through our system, the first for gas and residual solvent removal, the second for cannabinoid distillation. However, some clients require us to perform a single pass and other may require 3 passes, depending on material and goals, for example collecting various terpenes fractions.
As you may have guessed from the name, these products have been refined to isolate only the desired cannabinoid compound with no extra cannabinoids or terpenes. Its potency is usually higher than full spectrum or even a standard distillate.
Isolate is a pure, crystalline powder that contains 99% of the desired cannabinoid in its purist form.
Unlike a CBD distillate, full spectrum CBD contains all of the benefits of the whole plant without the high amounts of THC. A CBD isolate, however, is the isolated cannabidiol in its purest form, and will be in a dry, powered form.
CBD isolate that offers all the benefits of CBD without a trace of THC. This isolated version of CBD is excellent for anyone who is sensitive to THC or can’t have THC show up in a drug test. Military service members, police officers, emergency first responders, and anyone else who absolutely can’t fail a drug test will find CBD offers the relief they need, without the fear of having THC in their system.
Isolate can be infused into a carrier oil (for example, MCT oil, grapeseed, or olive) to create your own products that are measured and dosed precisely.
- Blending & Bottling
- If you have formulations that you have developed, BenMar can take those formulas and blend them to meet your requirements. BenMar can blend, bottle and package to your requirements and take the challenges and costs of packaging out of the way, while maintaining the highest level of quality and compliance.
- Cartridge filling
- The internet is filled instructions on how to make your own products in the CBD market, including different methods to make your own vape cartridges with your own CBD extractions or oil. But even though making your own cartridges sounds terrific on the surface; you should probably at least consider the possibility that the professionals are going to do this much better than a concoction you whip up in your garage.
- Making your own cartridges is going to take weeks to source the hardware, raw materials and labor and ultimately be nearly as expensive as paying for these solutions from BenMar—let us provide the necessary solutions for you!
- White labeling
- A white-label product by definition is a product or service produces by one company that other companies rebrand to make it appear as if they had it made themselves.
- While-label product is a very quick and inexpensive way to get started in this new and emerging marketplace. BenMar has inventoried product, already bottled, that can be labeled with your customized label, and then resold—BenMar does not make its own brand, but what we do is make the products that help bring quality to your brand’s name.
Discover The Future
“We shall, by and by want a world of hemp more for our own consumption.”
–John Adams, 2nd President of the United States of America.